When it comes to makeup, especially during the week, I am a minimalist. I wear makeup to enhance my features and want it to look as natural as possible, and over time, I’ve found that the best way to achieve that is to use fewer products. After spending years trying countless products, I have finally found a routine that works really well for me and I have had the same products on my face for weeks now. These are the products I’ve been using and loving lately!
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer. This provides an even canvas and creates a soft-focus filter to make foundation application a breeze. It creates a gorgeous lit-from-within glow which means I can even skip the foundation step if I really wanted to.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I have raved about this tinted moisturizer over and over again, so I will keep this short. I love this tinted moisturizer because it provides dewey, buildable coverage and it also provides SPF. I actually find that with continued use of this product, my complexion is brighter and my skin softer.
- NARS Blush & Bronzer Duo. Even though NARS has long had a cult-following, it took me a long time to jump on the bandwagon. But this duo was the first product I used and I was instantly able to see why it had such a following. The Laguna bronzer is a nice color on my complexion that makes me look sun kissed without being muddy. The Orgasm blush has just enough shimmer to brighten my face and the coral color is perfect on my medium complexion.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. Like the tinted moisturizer, I have been using this setting powder for years. I’ve tried others, and I always go back to this one. This is a finely milled powder that sets my makeup without looking cakey.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette. I love this palette for neutral looks. Urban Decay makes great eyeshadows that are highly pigmented with little fallout. The shadows are distinct enough that this single palette can create lots of different looks.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is a new find for me, and it has actually replaced my beloved Benefit They’re Real. This mascara makes my lashes look longer and fuller, almost as if they are fake. It also holds a curl extremely well, which is one of the most important things to me.